HypnoticStory - v75
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to V75 HypnoticStory!!
Please check out our Revisions section,
And frequently check for updates and announcements.
Thank you & have fun!

HomeSearchLatest imagesVote HypnoticRegisterLog in

Lee's GM Application

Go down 
+8
Melanie
Relic
Deadbrakeout
LinMadxErotica
iShroomz
bryanaw
SukAD1k
odinlowejr88
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Would you like me to be a GM?
Yes
Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_vote_lcap73%Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
No
Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

Lee's GM Application - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:39 pm

Deadbrakeout wrote:
I'm more mature then a 14 y/o lmao o.O im more mature then my parents lol
Lmao. Wtf. xD
That's wrong, but still funny.
But, I know what you mean ... sometimes I can't believe the stuff that comes out of my parents' mouths. Honestly. xD
Back to top Go down
http://mykoyaanisqatsi.weebly.com/
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 pm

This whole discussion is irritating and pointless. Anyways, just to point out i'm completely neutral here. :\ Age indefinitely shouldn't matter for anything let alone GM apps. Because you're old doesn't mean you're superior to others. Because you're young doesn't mean you're inferior. Everybody is unique and has a different level of maturity. Heck I was more mature when I was nine.

This whole little battle started when Melanie said something about his age but I don't think you guys got the point. From what she was inferring he wasn't acting mature to her. It doesn't mean its because of his age that she said no or anything else of the sort. She said no because she didn't feel that he was mature enough of a GM for her. She was giving her own criticism, absorb and just say whatever. Don't start a flame war about it.

"I'm just sick of little 14 year old brats like you talking down to people who are older, smarter, and more mature than you are." Also, you seem a little ageist right here Cait. It sounds to us as if you simply think that you're automatically superior to younger kids. It seems like being older than them makes you automatically more mature and smarter than you. You even called her a 14-year-old-brat, which is indeed very rude and does make it seem like you've lost your temper. Once again age plays no factor in anything. Its the persons own maturity level which is different depending on all people because of different factors in their lifestyle.

Now lets none of claim to be more mature than someone else. Smarter, whatever. Egotistic remarks like these are distasteful and usually invalid, its like me saying I'm better at doing this than you. It's all a matter of opinion either way. |:
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:59 pm

I believe Melanie's main two issues with me were that I don't act as mature as she thinks a GM should (although the way she said it did make it sound like she was making a dig at my age like shroomz did Razz) and the other issue was that I didn't deserve to be a GM because one of the reasons I wanted to do it was boredom.

For the first issue the only ways I know of that I really show immaturity is by saying somewhat random things like "I like pie" and such and I don't really see how that would make me a bad GM but maybe I'm missing something? o.O

For the second issue I think boredom is a perfectly good reason to want to be a GM. I've started to run out of things to do in the server and being a GM would give me something new to do while at the same time allowing me to have a positive impact on the other players and the server itself.

I think my reason is much better than the people who apply just because they want to be a GM cause they want to be better than other people in the server or because they want the extra powers or something and then cover it up with a standard statement like "I want to help the server stay clean!!!!".
Back to top Go down
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:15 pm

I know what you mean, you want to give the server a positive influence, you want to be able to do more. But the way you've worded it just sounds bad to some people, I wouldn't necessarily say 'out of boredom'. A more appropriate wording could've been used. Because saying I'm bored can imply some things to players. You've gotten bored, theres finally nothing left to do, so you get GM. Some people might ask themselves what happens when you get bored of being GM? How longs that going to take etc? But yeah anyhow.

I'm glad you aren't just being power hungry, or trying to get lucky. That you actually might want to perform the job with discipline. Its a rare thing to see indeed. So anyways, let there be no more fights, lets respect everyone's apps and just move on with lives. Good luck with this one Odin. lol
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:19 pm

lmao peace to your fellow man ftw ^_^

You do make a good point about the way I wrote it though. If I weren't lazy and if I thought Randy seriously uses the apps to pick new gm's I'd prolly go back and reword it Razz

Last edited by odinlowejr88 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:25 pm

LOL spread peace and joy!

Lee's GM Application - Page 2 Large_peace_symbol
Back to top Go down
SukAD1k
Good Member
Good Member
SukAD1k

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:22 pm

ALL MUST VOTE YES. LOOK AT THE RANKINGS MAN

God & etc..
Ghandi / Odin
Us
Melanie

Hahahah im so evil >:]
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:24 pm

o.O Your post confuses me.

Although I got that it was supporting me so yay! XD

EDIT: oh wait, were you comparing me to Ghandi there?
Back to top Go down
SukAD1k
Good Member
Good Member
SukAD1k

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Ghandi = same as Odin Razz
Back to top Go down
Kayla
Good Member
Good Member
Kayla

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:16 am

Voted yes.

Cos you're just a really nice person. You don't flare up easily.

And, seriously, age doesn't matter. When you're in the game, what people see is your maple character, your personality and the way you talk. To me, you're one nice person. (:
Back to top Go down
Dan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:51 am

Kayla wrote:
Voted yes.

Cos you're just a really nice person. You don't flare up easily.

And, seriously, age doesn't matter. When you're in the game, what people see is your maple character, your personality and the way you talk. To me, you're one nice person. (:

Are you still talking about this? It already ended. Please don't continue it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lee's GM Application
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2