HypnoticStory - v75
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to V75 HypnoticStory!!
Please check out our Revisions section,
And frequently check for updates and announcements.
Thank you & have fun!

HomeSearchLatest imagesVote HypnoticRegisterLog in

Lee's GM Application

Go down 
+8
Melanie
Relic
Deadbrakeout
LinMadxErotica
iShroomz
bryanaw
SukAD1k
odinlowejr88
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would you like me to be a GM?
Yes
Lee's GM Application I_vote_lcap73%Lee's GM Application I_vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
No
Lee's GM Application I_vote_lcap27%Lee's GM Application I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

Lee's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:45 pm

In-Game Name: Odin

Name: Lee

Location/Timezone: USA/Eastern Standard Time

Describe yourself (personality wise): Hmmmm... I'm pretty laid back usually. I can act kind of silly a lot of the time but if I need to be more serious I can. Not really much to say here, sadly I have a kinda bland personality I think Sad

Email (If any): odinlowejr88@gmail.com

MSN (If any): don't have one

How active are you in game? in forums?: I can usually be on every day for at least a few hours on both the game and the forums.

How long have you been with HypnoticStory?: Since a few days before the recent wipe.

What do you think you can contribute to this server?: Fun! Also getting rid of hackers >< hackers are bad Sad

Why are you applying for GM?: I've gotten a little bored with rbing over and over so I'm looking for something new to do in the game. Also I'm at work at the moment and I'm bored lol I've already looked at all the other forum topics.

Have you had any previous GM experience? Where and for how long?: Nope, none at all. Closest thing I've had is experience as a chat and/or forum mod for other games. I am a very fast learner though.

What is your method for hunting for hackers?: I believe there is a command something like !cheater that lists people who have been detected as possibly hacking. I would check that first. Then I would check the places where the fm rooms where monsters spawn. After that I would probably just do random checks on individual players.

How often do you think you should hunt for hackers?: At least once a day, if on long enough several times a day. Not including responding to player reports of hacking.

How would you handle a hacker?: Verify that they are hacking and that it's not just something that looks like a hack but is in fact a glitch. Make sure to get as much proof as possible (SS, if possible w/ conversation w/ player convincing them to admit they are breaking the rules) then BANHAMMER!!!!

If 2 people are arguing over SMEGA how would you handle it?: If the issue is something a gm would be able to assist with I would do my best to resolve it. If not then first I would ask them to take it to a private chat unless one of them is being overly abusive or harassing the other player (in which case I would speak privately with that player) If they still continue then they would get an official warning that they've taken it over the top. After that if they still continue then I would probably jail them or if jail isn't working and I have no other choice I would ban them.

If a player were to call you a "fail GM" how would you respond to that? or how would you retaliate?: If it's not just being childish or trying to get a rise from me, in other words if they have some valid reason they believe I've screwed up, I would try to talk it out with them. If not then I would ignore them, unless they being to cross the line and become abusive with the language they are using. Then I would deal with them as I would any player who is harassing someone in game.

As a GM what do you feel is more important for YOURSELF? Having fun or Keeping the server organized and clean?: Luckily for me I find things like helping players or tracking down players who are breaking rules fun. So in this case they would both be the same thing Razz

Why should we choose you?: Because I asked so nicely? Very Happy

Why shouldn't we choose you?: Main reason for not choosing me would probably be my lack of gm experience or just if the server doesn't need anymore gms.

Extra info you feel is necessary: *inserts obligatory message about pie* I LIKE PIE!!!!!
Also sorry for how much I wrote lol. I just started typing and that's how it came out o.O
Back to top Go down
SukAD1k
Good Member
Good Member
SukAD1k

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Nice app Lee. Yay, someone voted no and didn't post a reason why, asshole much?

- Voted yes Smile
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:31 pm

lol thanks.

I saw the no vote and was wondering why but, meh, w/e Razz I don't think Randy actually pays too much attention to this forum when he picks gms anyway XD
Back to top Go down
SukAD1k
Good Member
Good Member
SukAD1k

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Lol, probably not. Razz How come you don't talk on XAT? Sad
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:38 pm

no outside chats at work Sad
Back to top Go down
SukAD1k
Good Member
Good Member
SukAD1k

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Awwwwww Sad
Back to top Go down
bryanaw
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:20 am

nice one lee Good Luck on Your game
Back to top Go down
iShroomz
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer
iShroomz

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:21 am

You're 21. (Pedo much?)
And your app is basically showing [me] is that you don't act your age. But, that's just me. I voted no.
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:34 pm

odinlowejr88 wrote:

Describe yourself (personality wise): Hmmmm... I'm pretty laid back usually. I can act kind of silly a lot of the time but if I need to be more serious I can. Not really much to say here, sadly I have a kinda bland personality I think Sad

Extra info you feel is necessary: *inserts obligatory message about pie* I LIKE PIE!!!!!
Also sorry for how much I wrote lol. I just started typing and that's how it came out o.O

I disagree with the first statement, about having a bland personality.
I think you're very interesting, and fun to talk with, and sometimes quite humorous - give yourself a bit more credit.
lol!
I also don't think you wrote too much.
It's nice when people take some time and actually write out thoughtful answers instead of just throwing stuff out there. On the old forums, I wrote an app. when I was bored also, and I think (when I copied it to word, just to see how long it was) it was 4.5 pages long. ;]
Like a Star @ heaven Maybe I have too much time on my hands. Idk. ;]

iShroomz wrote:
You're 21. (Pedo much?)
And your app is basically showing [me] is that you don't act your age. But, that's just me. I voted no.

TO iShroomz, aka, Cindy,
This statement is very rude& I would have deleted it if not for it stating the reasons why you voted no on the poll.
However, comments like these are not acceptable, not to mention you're no spring chicken yourself, at almost 19 years of age. And, on that note, for someone who's almost 19, I'd think you'd know your grammar a bit better.
Perhaps this is coming off a bit harsh to you, but I am also 21, and there's nothing wrong with either of us (myself or Lee) wanting to play Maple. Perhaps we just enjoy the game. Perhaps it's a way to relax after working all day, who knows the reasons.
There's nothing wrong with having some fun. Razz
SO KEEP YOUR AGEIST COMMENTS TO YOURSELF PLEASE.

Like a Star @ heaven EDIT Like a Star @ heaven
I forgot to mention that I think Lee is a good candidate for GM,
and I have already recommended him to Randy
- like a week ago. ;]
Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://mykoyaanisqatsi.weebly.com/
Deadbrakeout
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Deadbrakeout

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Voted Yes, your a good in game player. Your App was good + seemed really truthful.

Your cool bro, good luck Smile!
Btw how can I not vote for someone who likes pie? Lmfao xD
Back to top Go down
Relic
Good Member
Good Member

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Nice app
I wish u luck bro
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:52 pm

iShroomz wrote:
You're 21. (Pedo much?)

Sorry if you took it that way o.O I've been playing maplestory since I was like 17 on and off. I just enjoy the game. However, how does the fact that I don't play a game that you feel is "age appropriate" for me make me a "pedo"?

Overall your post makes it seem like you have some personal beef with me rather than having a good reason why I wouldn't make a good GM but perhaps I'm reading into things too much.

Anyway, thank you to anyone who's said yes =D

Being a GM would be fun, I haven't been on as much lately since I've kinda run out of things to do other than grind and work has kept me very busy for the last couple days. I'm planning on being on more again now though so hope to see everyone in game! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Melanie
Melanie

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:58 pm

I voted no. Wanting to become a game master just because you're bored? That's not a good reasoning. A better game master would put the server before themselves. Also, I agree with iShroomz. You don't act your age at all. I thought 21 year olds were more mature. Besides, you should wait until you're with the server longer before you apply to become a game master. Some people deserve the spot(s) more than you do.

Anyways, good luck.
Back to top Go down
SukAD1k
Good Member
Good Member
SukAD1k

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Melanie wrote:
I voted no. Wanting to become a game master just because you're bored? That's not a good reasoning. A better game master would put the server before themselves. Also, I agree with iShroomz. You don't act your age at all. I thought 21 year olds were more mature. Besides, you should wait until you're with the server longer before you apply to become a game master. Some people deserve the spot(s) more than you do.

Anyways, good luck.

You're telling him to put a game before HIMSELF? I think priority wise YOURSELF should be at the very top, not a 2-d game.
He's been with the server long enough to post a GM app. He's 21 - so what? You thought 21 year olds were more mature? LULZROFLMAOWTF! You should see some of the 21 year olds I know.

WE (L) YOU ODIN (non sexually).
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Lmao thnx suk XD and yah I kinda agree it's a bit weird to think that someone should put a game before themselves (that's like saying I should quit work so I can be on hypnoticstory more?)

And sorry if you people feel I'm immature. I like not acting like I'm better than everyone else just because I'm old enough to buy alcohol >.> It's not like anybody get's harmed by me acting silly.
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:07 pm

Melanie wrote:

Anyways, good luck.

Alright, I'm really getting sick of you ageist people!!!

Who cares about age, honestly? Should I discriminate against people because they're only 13?

~~>"You can't POSSIBLY make a good GM because you're only 13 years of age. I don't care if you act exceptionally more mature than most 13 year olds, you're still 13, so screw off."

I don't fucking think so.
Stop using his age as reasons not to vote for him. Why don't actually give it some REAL thought as to why you don't want him to be a GM, huh? How about that.

Also, who cares if he puts himself before a GAME. I'd seriously hope that EVERYONE puts themselves before the games they play, ONLINE, or otherwise. So, why don't you turn your computer off, and do something else, 'cause by suggesting this, obviously you think Maple is more important than anything else going on in your life?

Game = INFINITE LIVES.
Real Life = One.

Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:11 pm

Well I do plan on being reincarnated as a cat so I can just be lazy all the time so it should probably be more like this:

Game = INFINITE LIVES
Real Life = One. (+ kitty rebirth)
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:12 pm

odinlowejr88 wrote:
Well I do plan on being reincarnated as a cat so I can just be lazy all the time so it should probably be more like this:

Game = INFINITE LIVES
Real Life = One. (+ kitty rebirth)

Whatever. I think you missed my REAL point, Lee. ;S
Sleep
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:14 pm

lol maybe. But my age isn't really something I can change so I've decided just to ignore the people who complain about it. Razz

As for me being immature or silly, like I said before, it's not like I hurt anybody by doing that.
Back to top Go down
ZOMGitsRey
ZOMGitsRey

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:15 pm

i voted for u bro =) just ignore those jealous ppl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.socialbo.com
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:16 pm

lol thanks Rey Very Happy i'm off to lunch, be back later Wink
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:17 pm

odinlowejr88 wrote:
lol maybe. But my age isn't really something I can change so I've decided just to ignore the people who complain about it. Razz

As for me being immature or silly, like I said before, it's not like I hurt anybody by doing that.

I agree (1st statement).
But, I am the same age as you, and it just really aggravates me that 13-14 year olds are talking DOWN to someone who is older than them, and more mature - even if they don't like to think so.

Also, you're right, there's nothing wrong with acting silly, or having fun, and losing that maturity for a GAME. Right? Right.

;]
Back to top Go down
Melanie
Melanie

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 pm

LinMadxErotica wrote:
Melanie wrote:

Anyways, good luck.

Alright, I'm really getting sick of you ageist people!!!

Who cares about age, honestly? Should I discriminate against people because they're only 13?

~~>"You can't POSSIBLY make a good GM because you're only 13 years of age. I don't care if you act exceptionally more mature than most 13 year olds, you're still 13, so screw off."

I don't fucking think so.
Stop using his age as reasons not to vote for him. Why don't actually give it some REAL thought as to why you don't want him to be a GM, huh? How about that.

Also, who cares if he puts himself before a GAME. I'd seriously hope that EVERYONE puts themselves before the games they play, ONLINE, or otherwise. So, why don't you turn your computer off, and do something else, 'cause by suggesting this, obviously you think Maple is more important than anything else going on in your life?

Game = INFINITE LIVES.
Real Life = One.

Did I say I was discriminating because of age? Read more carefully, grasp the subject. What happened to "constructive criticism"?

And woooow. How nice of you to lose your temper. (: Makes me want to find better game masters even more.

ZOMGitsRey:

Oh wow. Jealous? Isn't that quote like, pretty old? For your information, giving out advice or "constructive criticism" does not mean you're jealous. Have you ever went to school before? Did your teachers not teach you anything?
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:34 pm

I didn't lose my temper.
I'm just sick of little 14 year old brats like you talking down to people who are older, smarter, and more mature than you are.

Lee is exactly the kind of Game Master this server needs.
& if you don't like the GMs here, then gtfo, and find a different server to play, 'cause, Hunny, we ain't goin' anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Deadbrakeout
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Deadbrakeout

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:36 pm

I'm more mature then a 14 y/o lmao o.O im more mature then my parents lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lee's GM Application   Lee's GM Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lee's GM Application
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next