HypnoticStory - v75
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to V75 HypnoticStory!!
Please check out our Revisions section,
And frequently check for updates and announcements.
Thank you & have fun!

HomeSearchLatest imagesVote HypnoticRegisterLog in

Forum Suggestions.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:33 pm

Nice new forum, just some suggestions though.

First, can I make a forum banner? No offense but its hideous. S:

Second, the blog thing just seems...cluttered and useless to me. Just have one little forum section called blogs, players can post their own thread. instead of everyone having one big section and just cluttering up the forums.

Third, there only really needs to be one banning forum. If someone posts a ban appeal, the GM that banned them will then explain their reasoning and proof, etc. We don't really need the category and sub-category for banning. It looks kind of off as well. :\

EDIT:
The voting category also looks a little off. If you would like a nice easy way from the forums to vote you can simply add a new button onto the Nav-bar under the banner. If you have any questions with this I'm familiar with Forumotion and can help you.

EDIT2:
Some categories can simply be a stickied thread in another section. This will make less categories which in turn makes the forum look more organized and easier for people to navigate. (For example : Hypnotic Records would be better as just a thread to put records in. :\

EDIT3:
Also the forum moderated by etcetc, is kind of just pointless and is annoying that it names everyone one by one. In my forums it doesn't do this. It looks a lot nice and less cluttered in those small bloxs.

Last edited by Nathaniel on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pewpew
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
pewpew

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Nate you're just a forum Nazi aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:41 pm

I blame Business Web-page Design clazz. S:
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Nathaniel wrote:
Nice new forum, just some suggestions though.
First of all, thank you for this comment.

Nathaniel wrote:
First, can I make a forum banner? No offense but its hideous. S:
Maybe, we'll see. If you don't like this one, I'll likely just put Randy's back up. I only made this because I was bored, and so far you're the only one who has said it's not good.

Nathaniel wrote:
Second, the blog thing just seems...cluttered and useless to me. Just have one little forum section called blogs, players can post their own thread. instead of everyone having one big section and just cluttering up the forums.
No. Blogs are staying. If you don't like them, just don't scroll down that far. ;]

Nathaniel wrote:
Third, there only really needs to be one banning forum. If someone posts a ban appeal, the GM that banned them will then explain their reasoning and proof, etc. We don't really need the category and sub-category for banning. It looks kind of off as well. :\
I disagree. This is also staying.

Nathaniel wrote:
EDIT:
The voting category also looks a little off. If you would like a nice easy way from the forums to vote you can simply add a new button onto the Nav-bar under the banner. If you have any questions with this I'm familiar with Forumotion and can help you.
I didn't even know this option was available. If you could help to fix this, I would appreciate that. Thank you.

Nathaniel wrote:
EDIT2:
Some categories can simply be a stickied thread in another section. This will make less categories which in turn makes the forum look more organized and easier for people to navigate. (For example : Hypnotic Records would be better as just a thread to put records in. :\
No idea what you mean here. Sorry.

Nathaniel wrote:
EDIT3:
Also the forum moderated by etcetc, is kind of just pointless and is annoying that it names everyone one by one. In my forums it doesn't do this. It looks a lot nice and less cluttered in those small bloxs.

I'll admit it does look messy. I was just thinking that I would change this.

~ Thank you for taking the time to make suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://mykoyaanisqatsi.weebly.com/
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Thanks for the reply.

x[Loony's Lin]x wrote:
No idea what you mean here. Sorry.
Sorry I was a little unclear there. I was just suggesting that there might be some categories that are a little un-useful. I feel that personally the HypnoticRecords itself is pretty useless. It probably will only produce a couple threads (making it just un-needed space) and I think that instead of having its own category it could simply be a stickied thread somewhere for records. That's my personal opinion at least.

x[Loony's Lin]x wrote:
I didn't even know this option was available. If you could help to fix this, I would appreciate that. Thank you.
Yeah with the Administrator Panel you are able to edit the navigation bar to your likes and add in new buttons. You can have them link to wherever you like. So for example in my old server I made a button saying vote which directly linking to our URL at GTop. For Hypnotic it would most likely direct to the HTML page with the 6 sites we have been registered to.

x[Loony's Lin]x wrote:
No. Blogs are staying. If you don't like them, just don't scroll down that far. ;]
I like the idea of blogs but my biggest problem is that. If every single user got themselves a category in the Blog Section, we would have about 15 to way higher categories in that thread. It would enormously stretch the main forum index and would probably piss new players off. I was simply suggesting that you could put one category called blogs and with it a player posted a thread called '______'s Blog' they could post something about their life, etc with the whole normal blog experience and it would keep the forums organized and nicer looking.

However just suggestions. Thanks. (:
Back to top Go down
.:~[Jeff/Winston]~:.
.:~:[God of All the Prinnys]:~:.
.:~:[God of All the Prinnys]:~:.
.:~[Jeff/Winston]~:.

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Nate dude why are you critisizing her forums i mean she has worked really hard on them and then you just go out and point evrything you don't like, it's not cool man
Back to top Go down
http://psy230.deviantart.com
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Calm down Jeff, I wasn't criticizing her. I was simply giving some suggestions of what I think could be changed. It's simply constructive criticism. LOL
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Nathaniel wrote:
Sorry I was a little unclear there. I was just suggesting that there might be some categories that are a little un-useful. I feel that personally the HypnoticRecords itself is pretty useless. It probably will only produce a couple threads (making it just un-needed space) and I think that instead of having its own category it could simply be a stickied thread somewhere for records. That's my personal opinion at least.
Lol, you'll have to take that up with Randy, he added it. ;P

Nathaniel wrote:
Yeah with the Administrator Panel you are able to edit the navigation bar to your likes and add in new buttons. You can have them link to wherever you like. So for example in my old server I made a button saying vote which directly linking to our URL at GTop. For Hypnotic it would most likely direct to the HTML page with the 6 sites we have been registered to.
The only thing wrong with this is the ".no-ip.biz" because I can't directly link to the page with all the voting buttons, or else I would have done that already some other way, you see? I can only link people to http://hypnoticstory.no-ip.biz, and not specifically to the page where you can vote.

Nathaniel wrote:
I like the idea of blogs but my biggest problem is that. If every single user got themselves a category in the Blog Section, we would have about 15 to way higher categories in that thread. It would enormously stretch the main forum index and would probably piss new players off. I was simply suggesting that you could put one category called blogs and with it a player posted a thread called '______'s Blog' they could post something about their life, etc with the whole normal blog experience and it would keep the forums organized and nicer looking.
I'm not exactly being bombarded with messages asking for blogs, and it it gets to a point where everyone is wanting a blog, I'll do like what you've said with the navigation bar. I'll add a blog button that will link to a separate forum specifically for blogs. Until then, it's fine the way it is - and I'm lazy. ;]

.:~[Jeff/Winston]~:. wrote:
Nate dude why are you critisizing her forums i mean she has worked really hard on them and then you just go out and point evrything you don't like, it's not cool man
ThanksBby <33
I have worked hard, actually. It's not always nice to see all the flaws pointed out right away.
lol!
I will take all the suggestions with a grain of salt, though. ;]
Back to top Go down
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:26 pm

All righty then. xP

Yeah the no-ip.bz thing is kind of tedious. To get past it you could make a new small website using a free-webs of something. Just put all of the voting buttons on the website and have it linked from the forum navigation and it should work perfectly. o:
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Nathaniel wrote:
All righty then. xP

Yeah the no-ip.bz thing is kind of tedious. To get past it you could make a new small website using a free-webs of something. Just put all of the voting buttons on the website and have it linked from the forum navigation and it should work perfectly. o:

Yeah, I could do that I suppose ...
;o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions.   Forum Suggestions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions.
Page 1 of 1