HypnoticStory - v75
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to V75 HypnoticStory!!
Please check out our Revisions section,
And frequently check for updates and announcements.
Thank you & have fun!

HomeSearchLatest imagesVote HypnoticRegisterLog in

Wow less GM apps plz

Go down 
+4
xMistuhEthan
Deadbrakeout
pewpew
Relic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Relic
Good Member
Good Member

Wow less GM apps plz Empty
PostSubject: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:01 am

So there are almost twice as many topics in the GM app section than in any other section of the forums. Do people really want celebrity status and power that badly? Most of these threads are seemingly made by people who enter the forums purely for the sake of submitting an application (like one person whose only post was the app). A lot of the apps are near identical, making it seem as though they just read the previous person's thread, alter the answers slightly, and then submitted it as their own. Seriously if you state that you want to make the community a better place, how about actually making the community look more existent first? Of course I'm well aware of my own post count, but that's because there are so little topics I actually care for (SORRY), and I'm not really one to start threads.

My point is, to all newbies, at least try to make the forums more lively first instead of plaguing it with generic apps that make you seem as though you just want attention and power.

P.S. I don't really know where to put this, it's a rant but not really a FML, and I don't see it as a suggestion necessarily. If it's in the wrong section, move it to wherever it's suppose to be I guess.
Back to top Go down
pewpew
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
pewpew

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 pm

This should either go into Random or Suggestions, don'cha think?
Back to top Go down
Relic
Good Member
Good Member

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 pm

It's not random or off topic and I'm not making a suggestion for the server
Back to top Go down
Deadbrakeout
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Deadbrakeout

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:06 pm

I'll just move it to random w/e so ppl dont complain.
Back to top Go down
pewpew
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
pewpew

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:34 pm

It has absolutely nothing to do with any in-game feature anyways. o: GM Apps are forum based, not server based.
Back to top Go down
xMistuhEthan
xMistuhEthan

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:38 pm

Lol, Yes. There are many GM apps. Is there anything you can do about that? There's a reason why we have a GM "Application" Section. Let's say, there's a 1 out 15 chance you will win a lottery, would you bet? Heck, I would. This goes back to GM apps. 1 out # Of apps you will become GM. Fk this, I would surely apply. (I already did)

-Epic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rawritzmeh
Relic
Good Member
Good Member

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:55 pm

xMistuhEthan wrote:
Lol, Yes. There are many GM apps. Is there anything you can do about that? There's a reason why we have a GM "Application" Section. Let's say, there's a 1 out 15 chance you will win a lottery, would you bet? Heck, I would. This goes back to GM apps. 1 out # Of apps you will become GM. Fk this, I would surely apply. (I already did)

-Epic.

Yes but that's just the problem. It makes it seem ppl don't take the GM job seriousy, like its all fun and games. They just post their app without thought just because they want to get lucky.

It's like the presidency. Do you really want someone who ran just for the sake of being president? They became a candidate hoping to get lucky, but didn't really do anything else; nobody knows who they are, what they'll do or anything for that matter. (It's just an example, so there's no need to go into politics)
Back to top Go down
Deadbrakeout
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Deadbrakeout

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Ugh, do you guys really think that they would just pick you based on your GM app? Honestly they don't really matter that much, Randy has already told me he rarely ever even looks into that thread (thats why he never posts in there)...So it's more in game then anything and a lot of other things that they base on for GM..the apps idk why i even have one anymore i made it like a few weeks in .. (but I was serious about it unlike some of the jokes that are put up).
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:03 am

Yah I've heard from more than one person that randy usually talks to the current gms about who should get gm when he's looking for another one over looking at the apps. I only posted an app because I was bored with nothing else to do and I was curious if anybody would actually vote for me lol

Not saying I wouldn't like being a gm though Razz

Although the person that called me a Pedo kinda pissed me off >.>
Back to top Go down
Relic
Good Member
Good Member

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:16 am

odinlowejr88 wrote:
Yah I've heard from more than one person that randy usually talks to the current gms about who should get gm when he's looking for another one over looking at the apps. I only posted an app because I was bored with nothing else to do and I was curious if anybody would actually vote for me lol

Not saying I wouldn't like being a gm though Razz

Although the person that called me a Pedo kinda pissed me off >.>

well, you're known and helpful in the server. Some of the other apps are like random drive-bys. They just come, drop an app, and then leave. You don't know them and will probably never see them here.

And yea, that pedo comment was so random.
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:11 am

The Game Master applications are purely for show, anyway. Rolling Eyes

Although, I agree, it would be nice if people took a little more interest in the community before posting an application for GM. When I read applications, I see the applicant has less than 5-10 posts, I generally just pass it by. It's not worth my time to read, if it's not worth their time to take any more of an interest than that.
Back to top Go down
http://mykoyaanisqatsi.weebly.com/
₪ iŁ1ทઝ ₪
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
₪ iŁ1ทઝ ₪

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:14 am

LinMadxErotica wrote:
Although, I agree, it would be nice if people took a little more interest in the community before posting an application for GM.

That's the problem Cait, most of peoples join the server and go in forums just to make a
Gm App.
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:42 pm

₪ iŁ1ทઝ ₪ wrote:
LinMadxErotica wrote:
Although, I agree, it would be nice if people took a little more interest in the community before posting an application for GM.

That's the problem Cait, most of peoples join the server and go in forums just to make a
Gm App.

I know, I know.
I wanted to see if there was a way to make the "Game Master" forum a different link, so when people clicked it to post their apps, it would take them to some random something page, and be like,

"HAHA, SUCKER, You've just been rick rolled."
Back to top Go down
http://mykoyaanisqatsi.weebly.com/
Relic
Good Member
Good Member

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:46 pm

LinMadxErotica wrote:
₪ iŁ1ทઝ ₪ wrote:
LinMadxErotica wrote:

Gm App.

I know, I know.
I wanted to see if there was a way to make the "Game Master" forum a different link, so when people clicked it to post their apps, it would take them to some random something page, and be like,

"HAHA, SUCKER, You've just been rick rolled."

ROFL we should totally do that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Lol have it redirect them to a signup page for some christian newsletter or something with very oblique questions so that they won't notice it's not a gm app and they'll still fill it out like the would when applying for gm XD
Back to top Go down
Sushi
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Relic wrote:
So there are almost twice as many topics in the GM app section than in any other section of the forums. Do people really want celebrity status and power that badly?

Yes, It's a humane instinct. And what's wrong with Christians odinlowerjr88?
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:58 pm

many things, but if it bother's you then in your mind just change it to some other religious denomination when you read what i said Razz
Back to top Go down
Sushi
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:08 pm

Too late, You've already insulted me, and broke one of the forum rules about posting discrimination against religion(to be confirmed soon enough)

EDIT:

LinMadxErotica wrote:
- You respect other user's opinions and beliefs.
LinMadxErotica wrote:
- Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics

Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow less GM apps plz   Wow less GM apps plz I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow less GM apps plz
Page 1 of 1