HypnoticStory - v75
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to V75 HypnoticStory!!
Please check out our Revisions section,
And frequently check for updates and announcements.
Thank you & have fun!

HomeSearchLatest imagesVote HypnoticRegisterLog in

Ban Issues

Go down 
+4
LinMadxErotica
~>JanCarlos<~
Randy
Warsaverz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Warsaverz

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:07 am

I Suggest That Gm should Talk to whoever they suspect as hackers in-Game first before they ban them. This may be troublesome Cos hackers May run. But Think carefully. You can save the trouble of randy having to unban and investigate Into the matter. And because of this, Randy will have more time to Upgrade the server, Make the server better Resulting to us having A better gaming experience as a Player of the server.

But you may think, What for talk to hackers When we know they are hackers.

1. Sometime, Gm would make mistakes By Mistaking Someone not knowing a glitch as a hacker.
2. No matter what, Those hacker(If they really are hacker) Cant possibly escape. Cos all gm has to do is type !Ban and this will just solve the matter And Case close straight. And Why close straight? Simple. If You are not guilty, Why would u run. So simple as that Just ban you will do And then Case close.
3. And also, Some hacking situations Are much More Complicating. Giving Players A chance To explain That they are not hacking is Definitely Fair.
4. Sparing A Few minutes Of Gm's Time Listening to players Explanation Isnt Gonna Hurt Or Do Harm To Anyone. So Why not just Listening to them for a few minute Rather than Letting Randy Spend A few Hours Investigating.

I hope that This Will Be impletemented As I seriously Think That This Will Help Randy Save Time And Also Server Can Become better And upgraded Faster. And Lastly, It Is Fair For Everyone To Explain.

Maybe This Can Be Discussed Between Players And Gm's+Moderators So As To Get The Best Result out of it and Make this Server A Much More Efficent Server Leading to More Player Joining With Higher chances Of people Donating To Server And Thus Making it A Lag-Free Game To play.

Hope that no one flames About this Because Afterall It's Just A Suggestion To Make the Game Better. Thanks For Not Flaming ;D
Back to top Go down
Randy
Owner || Awesomeness :]
Owner || Awesomeness :]
Randy

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:30 am

For god sakes, THANK YOU. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hypnoticstory.no-ip.biz/
~>JanCarlos<~
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
~>JanCarlos<~

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:43 am

O.o LOL!
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:41 pm

I have tried to talk with some before, but they just run away, and then another GM bans them before I can catch up to them again ~ Same end result, so doesn't really help there.

Also, when I am tracking a hacker ....
Like a Star @ heaven I observe them for a few minutes. I will follow them from map to map if I have to, but I never ban until I am absolutely POSITIVE that he/she is a hacker.
Like a Star @ heaven I always SS my hackers before I ban them (gangstah an exception, since my screeny button failed to work at that time, and I didn't check before I banned him).
Like a Star @ heaven My SS's are posted in the Forums, where they can be viewed by all, and if the hacker in question would like to appeal, they may.
Like a Star @ heaven NOTE; none of the hackers I have banned have appealed them, because they were actually hacking.
~ Exception, for Gangstah again, because he claimed someone had hacked into his account.

:: NOTE ::
I disagreed with your ban last night, Warsaverz.
I questioned the GM that banned you, asking,
"Why would he smega about this issue, if it was him himself doing it?"
Obviously, you're not that stupid ~

I agree that Randy needs more time to do things for the server, and doesn't have time to deal with ban appeals, and the like ~~ WHICH IS WHY, Randy should make an "!unban" command.
Like a Star @ heaven Then we can also temporary ban people (for an hour or something) for MINOR infractions.
Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://mykoyaanisqatsi.weebly.com/
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:11 pm

oo i like the idea of being able to temp ban.

Seems like it would work much better for those issues like spam and harrassment (ksing) than getting a permaban right off the bat and having to go through a more complicated process of appeals and unbanning (not to mention taking up Randy's time like you said)
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:25 pm

odinlowejr88 wrote:
oo i like the idea of being able to temp ban.

Seems like it would work much better for those issues like spam and harrassment (ksing) than getting a permaban right off the bat and having to go through a more complicated process of appeals and unbanning (not to mention taking up Randy's time like you said)

Yessss.
This is exactly what I mean.
But, there might be a kind of issue with this, only because;
- if one GM disagrees with the ban from another GM, they may just !unban that person without a second thought.
- Might get abused. ;S

Idk. Something to consider, though.
How's work going, Lee? xD
Back to top Go down
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:32 pm

If an !unban command is implicated, there should be a rule that only the person who banned them can approve the unban. The other GMs would give the 'banner' their say on the matter and why they think they're innocent and convince the GM they made a mistake etc. Randy would have full rights to nullify any ban however.
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Yah I agree the right to unban should be given only to the gm who placed the ban in the first place or Randy.

And work's going fine Cait XD a bit boring but it's fine. It's better at work to be bored than too busy Razz
Back to top Go down
LinMadxErotica
iRTheForum<3
LinMadxErotica

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:00 pm

But, LEE!! Being busy makes the time go faster!!!

& Nate, it's fine to implement a rule like this, but you know how we're ALL SO GOOD AT FOLLOWING RULES.
I do, agree, that it would be a good rule, though - if it would work. ;P

It would be even better if Randy was able to make the !unban available to only certain GMs, and not all of them ... but ... NO CAN DO. ;S
Back to top Go down
Nathaniel
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:35 pm

If Randy made use of a GM level system it could. Placing an !unban command only under Level 4 GMs and making only Level 4 GMs the most trusted and intelligent of GMs.
Back to top Go down
Warsaverz

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:42 pm

But Actually, To Make The Server Hack Free. Why Not just make a new world or channel and put it as hacking place so that if people want to hack they can just hack there. Maybe this could save trouble too?
Back to top Go down
odinlowejr88
Really Good Member
Really Good Member
odinlowejr88

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:24 pm

no, if people want to hack there are plenty of other private servers they can go to and hack on >.> no reason to allow hackers to play on this server Sad
Back to top Go down
Warsaverz

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:46 pm

Lols. Make Sense But at least We can stop them from hacking and disrupting the gamers which are not hacking
Back to top Go down
SukAD1k
Good Member
Good Member
SukAD1k

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Warsaverz wrote:
But actually, to make the server hack free, why not just make a new world or channel? Put it as hacking place so that if people want to hack they can just hack there. Maybe this could save trouble too?

You're contradicting yourself. Anyway, we don't want hackers in our server, so just BANHAMMER! Razz
Back to top Go down
NoName
NoName

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:29 pm

i have an idea, add pirate weapon scrolls to the all in one store.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ban Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban Issues   Ban Issues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ban Issues
Page 1 of 1